from weeds to treasures

How easy it is to judge something without taking the time to notice what it really is.  It's true about people, it's true about situations, it's even true about nature.

There is a lovely local lady who comes to my house once a week to help with things around the yard like flowers, gardening, trimming the bushes, etc.  A couple of months ago, we talked about putting some flowers along the walkway to the house, but then I left to go to the village and didn't give it another thought.

When I came back several weeks later, there were small plants growing in that spot, but they weren't at all pretty.  They looked like weeds.  Weeks kept passing and every day that I walked along the path I would look at them and think, "These are such an eyesore!"


Then one day I was fed up with them.  As I passed by in the morning, I made a note to myself that we should pull them up.  Later that very afternoon, I noticed one of them was blooming.


Wouldn't you know, these plants that I had labeled ugly and unwanted were actually plants that I had seen in other places and wished for.  I just hadn't waited to see what they were.


May I not rush to judgment, but take the time to appreciate things . . . and people . . . for what they truly are.

Comments