2014 goals revisited
A year ago I wrote a post about resolutions and goals. Goals help me to grow, they motivate me forward. I am thankful for them, even when I don't always fulfill them like I planned (see goal number 1). Here's my recap for the year.
1. I will strive to let go of plans.
My goal was to grow in letting go of my plans and following God's plan for my time, work, health, etc. This year has been a continual lesson in letting go. From getting a week's notice for a month long trip to finding out that my health wasn't improving. God has given me peace in not knowing the next steps. He has given me peace to step out in faith.
2. I will strive to live a life of praise.
My goal was to be intentional in my praise. While each of these goals are not something I can necessarily accomplish, but rather a direction of change I would like to see in my life, I believe that I have been intentional in this area, although I still have a lot of room to grow.
3. I will seek to find God's beauty.
My goal was to not miss the beauty around me by being too busy. This has been a fun one. I've seen some pretty incredible things this year, both simple and big. I've taken time to stop and smell the roses . . . and everything else.
4. I will strive to be a woman of prayer.
My goal was to be a woman characterized by prayer. I'm working on this one. Like I said, these are all directions I want to go. While there were times I did really well with prayer, there were times that I could have and needed to do more.
So that's my recap of my goals for 2014. It's been a good year. I have enjoyed pondering these goals throughout the year and seeing myself take steps toward them.
1. I will strive to let go of plans.
My goal was to grow in letting go of my plans and following God's plan for my time, work, health, etc. This year has been a continual lesson in letting go. From getting a week's notice for a month long trip to finding out that my health wasn't improving. God has given me peace in not knowing the next steps. He has given me peace to step out in faith.
2. I will strive to live a life of praise.
My goal was to be intentional in my praise. While each of these goals are not something I can necessarily accomplish, but rather a direction of change I would like to see in my life, I believe that I have been intentional in this area, although I still have a lot of room to grow.
3. I will seek to find God's beauty.
My goal was to not miss the beauty around me by being too busy. This has been a fun one. I've seen some pretty incredible things this year, both simple and big. I've taken time to stop and smell the roses . . . and everything else.
4. I will strive to be a woman of prayer.
My goal was to be a woman characterized by prayer. I'm working on this one. Like I said, these are all directions I want to go. While there were times I did really well with prayer, there were times that I could have and needed to do more.
So that's my recap of my goals for 2014. It's been a good year. I have enjoyed pondering these goals throughout the year and seeing myself take steps toward them.
Comments
Post a Comment