a month of beauty
Welcome to the month of December and my post-a-day-december blogging year number 3! :)
The tradition of blogging each day of December began in 2012 and I enjoy it so much I'm keeping it going. The past two years there has not been any sort of theme to the posts, however as I thought about and planned for this year one topic kept coming to mind: beauty.
I had all sorts of other plans, I even sketched out a schedule and ideas for posts, but beauty kept coming back. Beauty as seen in the character of God, beauty in people, beauty in nature, beauty in language, beauty in pain . . . beauty.
It's a topic I started thinking about more than two years ago while I was driving across the United States on one of my never-ending road trips, one that I haven't pursued because frankly the topic scares me. I don't know why. I do know that there comes a time to say to fear, "you do not win!" and so I am doing that. I'm taking a step forward and following this topic. It may seem like a simple thing, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads.
I hope you join me for this month of blogging about beauty.
| orchid in New Ireland Province |
The tradition of blogging each day of December began in 2012 and I enjoy it so much I'm keeping it going. The past two years there has not been any sort of theme to the posts, however as I thought about and planned for this year one topic kept coming to mind: beauty.
I had all sorts of other plans, I even sketched out a schedule and ideas for posts, but beauty kept coming back. Beauty as seen in the character of God, beauty in people, beauty in nature, beauty in language, beauty in pain . . . beauty.
It's a topic I started thinking about more than two years ago while I was driving across the United States on one of my never-ending road trips, one that I haven't pursued because frankly the topic scares me. I don't know why. I do know that there comes a time to say to fear, "you do not win!" and so I am doing that. I'm taking a step forward and following this topic. It may seem like a simple thing, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads.
I hope you join me for this month of blogging about beauty.
Yay, I love post-a-day-december! :-) I just wish my attempt at posting more in November hadn't fallen so flat... planning more of it out ahead of time sounds like a good strategy for improvement next year.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to exploring beauty with you and seeing where it leads. :-)
~Ruth
This was awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do it. And obviously I just read it all while I'm up with the baby. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete