6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
I missed writing this post on the 18th, since I didn't count on being as exhausted as I was after that long trip. Oh well, post-dating it. :)
Six flights.
That means six takeoffs and six landings. And six times of squishing my bags into the overhead bin or under the seat. One flight, from Fiji to Christmas Island, I had a whole row of three seats to myself! What a gift! I was able to sleep for about three of the four hours of the flight, which was amazing!!!
Five Airlines!
Yeah, that just seems like a lot!
Four countries.
I started out in PNG and visited Fiji and Christmas Island on my way back to the U.S. I had to find Christmas Island on a map, it's a tiny little dot. And landing there reenforced that image. A tiny little dot in the middle of the ocean.
Three days.
The pickup for my first flight was at 6:30am on the 16th. I repeated the 17th during the trip and arrived on the 18th about 75 hours after that initial pick-up. :/ No wonder my head feels a bit loopy.
Two meals.
Yes, I ate more than two meals during the 75 hours, but I had two meals that I was really looking forward to so they are they ones I'm counting. :) In the Honolulu airport (seven hour layover), I saw a sign that there was a Quiznos in the airport. It took more than thirty minutes of walking to find it, but I did! Yay! After my parents picked me up in Denver, we stopped in Fort Collins on the way to Laramie and ate at Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. Yum!
One exhausted human.
I don't think I realized what a toll this trip would be on my body. Yes, I've made trips like this before and yes, I was exhausted after each of them, but wow! I did not realize how intensely it would hit me with my already low level of energy and stamina. By the sixth and final flight, I was moving in slow motion. As we were getting ready to land, I was struggling with even sitting up and thought "How am I going to walk off this airplane?" Knowing I was so close, I prayed that God would provide just a bit more so I could get through the baggage claim and meet my parents. He did. I sure didn't move very quickly, but I also didn't have to ask for someone to help me until I could get to where my parents are and I know that was only because of God's strength. In the past 24 hours, I have slept for about 18 of them and am now going back to bed, but He got me here and I'm thankful!
Six flights.
That means six takeoffs and six landings. And six times of squishing my bags into the overhead bin or under the seat. One flight, from Fiji to Christmas Island, I had a whole row of three seats to myself! What a gift! I was able to sleep for about three of the four hours of the flight, which was amazing!!!
Five Airlines!
Yeah, that just seems like a lot!
Four countries.
I started out in PNG and visited Fiji and Christmas Island on my way back to the U.S. I had to find Christmas Island on a map, it's a tiny little dot. And landing there reenforced that image. A tiny little dot in the middle of the ocean.
Three days.
The pickup for my first flight was at 6:30am on the 16th. I repeated the 17th during the trip and arrived on the 18th about 75 hours after that initial pick-up. :/ No wonder my head feels a bit loopy.
Two meals.
Yes, I ate more than two meals during the 75 hours, but I had two meals that I was really looking forward to so they are they ones I'm counting. :) In the Honolulu airport (seven hour layover), I saw a sign that there was a Quiznos in the airport. It took more than thirty minutes of walking to find it, but I did! Yay! After my parents picked me up in Denver, we stopped in Fort Collins on the way to Laramie and ate at Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. Yum!
One exhausted human.
I don't think I realized what a toll this trip would be on my body. Yes, I've made trips like this before and yes, I was exhausted after each of them, but wow! I did not realize how intensely it would hit me with my already low level of energy and stamina. By the sixth and final flight, I was moving in slow motion. As we were getting ready to land, I was struggling with even sitting up and thought "How am I going to walk off this airplane?" Knowing I was so close, I prayed that God would provide just a bit more so I could get through the baggage claim and meet my parents. He did. I sure didn't move very quickly, but I also didn't have to ask for someone to help me until I could get to where my parents are and I know that was only because of God's strength. In the past 24 hours, I have slept for about 18 of them and am now going back to bed, but He got me here and I'm thankful!
Yay! Enjoy your Christmas with your family! How long are you home?
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it! (Oh, and I know some people in Fort Collins, if you guys ever get stranded or something :-)) Hooray for sleep - on planes and off!
ReplyDelete~Ruth