2013 in photos
It's that time of year. The time of year where I look back at the pictures from the past twelve months and wonder "Did all of that really happen this year?" Amazingly, it did! So here's my year in pictures.
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
What a great year!
January
| Nuggets vs. Magic in Denver |
| Welcome to the tropics! |
February
| Learning to bake bread in the tropics. |
| Scrubbing the residue of the fire off the pots! |
| A day at the beach, gorgeous! |
| A new hibiscus |
March
| Ready for a hike in the jungle with my pack. |
| Steam baking a chocolate papaya cake over a fire! It was tasty! |
| I fell in the mud a few, or dozen, times! |
April
| Stretching out the bilums we made (mine is on the left). |
| Holding my village nephew |
| On the way to get drinking water. |
| Washing clothes in a waterfall. |
| Learning to make tapioca cake. |
| On the road from the coast to the highlands. |
| The "highlands highway" we traveled. |
May
| Chocolate cake! |
| Tree orchids in the yard |
| Making two types of jam! :) |
| Baked avocado salsa anyone? |
June
| Saying goodbye to a friend, or see you later. :) |
July
| The 4th from afar! |
| Steel wool and wire homemade fireworks. :) |
| Riding on the Kodiak for the first time. |
| We flew past a volcano! |
| What a nice sunset! |
| Making literacy posters for elementary teachers. |
| Visiting a volcano. |
| What a stunning color! |
| World War II memorial park. |
August
| Patchwork gardens on the hills in the highlands. |
| What a unique flower! |
September
| Hiking in the highlands |
| Intricate beauty hiding in the bushes. |
| Another variety of orchid |
| On the way up to base camp at Mt. Wilhelm |
| Driving through a very mountainous province! |
October
| Okay, the escape artist puppy! :) |
November
| Orchid |
| First look at Manus province. |
| Another gorgeous orchid! |
| A house next to the ocean. |
| Amazingly clear water! |
| An orchid hiding in a tree. |
| Travel by boat. |
| An intriguing orchid |
| Sago packets at a bride price custom. |
December
| Linguistics Library |
| Christmas party! |
| Donut party! |
| Fun yarn colors! |
| In the Honolulu airport |
| Christmas at my Grandparents house! |
What a great year!

Love these pictures! What an exciting, and I'm sure difficult, year for you! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I love the pictorial review - and what a year you've had! I haven't tried it yet, but I don't know if I could narrow a whole year of pictures down to one post... congrats for accomplishing it :-)
ReplyDelete~Ruth
Susie, You are amazing. I'm so proud of you and happy for you that you took this adventure. I have loved reading each and every post of yours, and I love how you've allowed us to share your experience through this blog, and all of your beautiful photographs. Thanks for reminding all of us of the beauty in this world. Love you.
ReplyDelete