highlights and oddities

These are some highlights, oddities, and things I noticed during my first two days in the U.S.:

1.  Even though it is a "warm" week and the temperature has been in the teens and twenties for lows . . . it still feels cold!!

2.  The seventeen hour time change is making me sleep 10-15 hours a day. 

3.  It's kind of strange to see internet with pictures all the time.  In order to save mb on our limited internet at home, we don't let the images load and it looks very different.

4.  I'm hungry a lot in the middle of the night.  I guess that makes sense considering the time change.

5.  We've been working on puzzles with my grandparents.  Today we started one that doesn't have a straight edge border.  It's crazy to sort.

6.  I got to talk to my sister on the phone for her birthday! :)

7.  Tomorrow will be an adventure in braving the stores and post office in the pre-Christmas craziness.  We'll see how it goes. 

Comments