one step

About one year ago, I wrote a blog post about running one step at a time.  In the past twelve months, this idea has become the focus of my days.  One step at a time. 

In my planning ---
God has shown me that I don't need to know the next step in all its details, but I do need to be willing to take that step.  To quote Sarah Young's book Jesus Calling, "Let Me lead you step by step through this day.  If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid" (p. 360).

In my health ---
I wouldn't have thought that just taking one more step would be so difficult physically, but in the past eight and a half months as I have struggled with exhaustion and weakness, just one step can be a big accomplishment.  Through this experience, God has proven Himself faithful.  He provides the energy and stamina I need to get through each day.  It's not always as much as I want, but it is as much as I need. 

In my faith --- 
Each step that I turn over to God, provides a stronger basis of faith for the next step.  Sometimes, it still feels like I'm walking blind, but I know because He has proven Himself over and over again, that my Guide is not blind. 

I'm learning to appreciate one step at a time.  I'm learning to let go of the other steps.  I'm learning to follow.

Comments