confessions on a saturday


1.  I love to dress for a holiday.  Today's Christmas party: red skirt, green & white shirt, silver bell earrings and green earrings, red and white headband, green and red bracelet, green and red necklace, green bilum (purse) and silver sandals.  My favorite was the bell earrings because they jingle! :)

2.  I sleep on my couch occasionally.  Sometimes I use my bed for clean laundry that isn't folded and sleep on my couch . . . especially when my one proper set of sheets is drying on the line.  Out comes the village sheet and I move to the couch.  It's a nice thing to have a couch again!

3.  I eat lunch for breakfast.  I was so hungry at 9:30 this morning that I ate my leftover mac and cheese early and didn't have anything for lunch.  Oops.

4.  Thrift shopping is dangerous for me.  I honestly love to thrift shop.  It doesn't matter what country or what state, it's fun.  Today I found some hot pink windbreaker pants . . . for the equivalent of 30 cents.  Perfect.

5.  I hate to wrap gifts.  I like nicely wrapped things, but I hate actually doing that.  For the Christmas party I went to today I used a Peanuts comic strip and packing tape . . . it looked pretty pitiful.  :/  

6.  As a passenger, I pray . . . A LOT!  This morning I went with a couple of friends to town "nearby."  It's not very far, but the road isn't so great.  We decided to take a PMV (public motor vehicle).  After waiting in the rain for what seemed like a long time, we load into the back of an already full large truck.  The roof/cage wasn't tall enough for me to stand upright so I was standing bent over holding on to the top.  With every (!) bump and curve the whole cage would shift in the bed of the truck as it wasn't actually attached.  I moved to holding on to the side of the truck, squatting in the rain, rather than hold onto the cage and I prayed!  We made it safely!  Whew! 

7.  I procrastinate!!!  My first flight on my journey to the U.S. is early Monday morning.  It's Saturday night, I'm having a party at my house tomorrow and I haven't packed or washed my dishes and the house is a disaster.  Tomorrow? 

Comments