sure foundation
I'm taking advantage of free internet at the airport right now. : ) Last night/this morning I only slept a couple hours so I'm feeling pretty loopy and it's less than one third of the way through this trip. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep some on this next flight.
Travel Updates
* My suitcases were exactly 100lbs combined! Yahoo! What a great answer to prayer.
* My carry-on weighs a ton! I'm pretty sure that when I put it into the overhead bin on the first flight, the bin shuddered in dread. : )
* They were only able to check my bags through to Brisbane so when I get there I'll have just under three hours to get off the plane, get my bags, lug them through customs, check them in and go back through security. It should be fine, but not exactly thrilling to do by myself. Action Packers, especially without wheels, are very unwieldy!
* It's weird to not have to turn my phone off and on during takeoff and landing. I'm slowly beginning to adjust to not having one. It's a process I guess. I keep thinking I hear it ringing, but it belongs to someone else.
* The next flight is 15-16 hours and I'm not sure if I'll have time in Brisbane or the opportunity to have internet access, but I'll update again when I can. : )
It was not easy to leave today. I have cried a bajillion times already today . . . but, this is the right thing to do. My mom shared this verse with me this morning as we were driving to Denver:
Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
I'm so thankful for that promise. He is the sure foundation that I can rest upon! That knowledge is carrying me forward.
Travel Updates
* My suitcases were exactly 100lbs combined! Yahoo! What a great answer to prayer.
* My carry-on weighs a ton! I'm pretty sure that when I put it into the overhead bin on the first flight, the bin shuddered in dread. : )
* They were only able to check my bags through to Brisbane so when I get there I'll have just under three hours to get off the plane, get my bags, lug them through customs, check them in and go back through security. It should be fine, but not exactly thrilling to do by myself. Action Packers, especially without wheels, are very unwieldy!
* It's weird to not have to turn my phone off and on during takeoff and landing. I'm slowly beginning to adjust to not having one. It's a process I guess. I keep thinking I hear it ringing, but it belongs to someone else.
* The next flight is 15-16 hours and I'm not sure if I'll have time in Brisbane or the opportunity to have internet access, but I'll update again when I can. : )
It was not easy to leave today. I have cried a bajillion times already today . . . but, this is the right thing to do. My mom shared this verse with me this morning as we were driving to Denver:
Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
I'm so thankful for that promise. He is the sure foundation that I can rest upon! That knowledge is carrying me forward.
Praying!
ReplyDelete~R