tag-team driving

We had the brilliant idea that getting up and leaving at 4:30 (or sooner) would make today's road trip from Dallas to Laramie feel shorter.

16 driving hours,
24 ounces of coffee,
44 ounces of coca cola,
44 ounces of sugary sweetness,
60+ ounces of water,
5 cds
2 partial audio books,
1/4 of one quarter of a radio-ized football game,
3 state/city memory games,
3 drivers,
4 states,
Uncountable snacks
later . . . I'm pretty much sure it just made the day seem longer.

I've never been much of a morning person, surprise, surprise!  Getting up so early, espcially after such a busy week, just made me feel tired all day.  Lesson learned.  I'm glad we tried it, but it won't be on the top of my ideas list in the future.

Today, I also learned that I'm not a very good passenger.  Perhaps due to the quantity of miles I have driven over the course of this year, perhaps it's always been the case and I'm just discovering it about myself.   Either way, it seems I have control issues with driving. : /

I got some good pictures . . . coming soon (after I sleep!!!).

: )

I'm happy to be home.

Comments