one step at a time
One of my favorite things to do in Dallas is to run at White Rock Lake. (This is the place with the bridges I wrote about last year.) It's a wonderful park with a nice big path all the way around the lake . . . 9ish miles.
On a beautiful day like today (70 degrees!!!), people were out sailing, biking, running, skating, etc and it was gorgeous!
I haven't run that far in many months so I set out to do what I could, while hoping that I would be able to go the whole distance. It hurt. It hurt a lot. My body wanted to be done at 3 miles and 4 miles and 5 miles, etc. However, it is true that your mind is a big part of running. I kept telling myself, just make it to the next mile and then you can quit and I finished. : )
Life is like that. I want to be done with the hard parts of life, often long before I am. Taking one step and then another through those times gets us to the finish line. It gets us through the struggles and to better times. It gets us through our doubts. It gets us through our weakness. It hurts. We come out the other side. Victorious.
Life is lived one moment at a time. One step after another along the journey.
It's a beautiful thing.
Life is meant to be enjoyed. Through the ups and the downs. Through the long stretches of "I cannot take another step" as well as the sprints. Life is meant to be lived as praise to our Savior. Life is meant to glorify Him.
I took my Tok Pisin audio files with me and almost finished Mark! Luke is coming up next. : )
On a beautiful day like today (70 degrees!!!), people were out sailing, biking, running, skating, etc and it was gorgeous!
I haven't run that far in many months so I set out to do what I could, while hoping that I would be able to go the whole distance. It hurt. It hurt a lot. My body wanted to be done at 3 miles and 4 miles and 5 miles, etc. However, it is true that your mind is a big part of running. I kept telling myself, just make it to the next mile and then you can quit and I finished. : )
Life is like that. I want to be done with the hard parts of life, often long before I am. Taking one step and then another through those times gets us to the finish line. It gets us through the struggles and to better times. It gets us through our doubts. It gets us through our weakness. It hurts. We come out the other side. Victorious.
Life is lived one moment at a time. One step after another along the journey.
It's a beautiful thing.
Life is meant to be enjoyed. Through the ups and the downs. Through the long stretches of "I cannot take another step" as well as the sprints. Life is meant to be lived as praise to our Savior. Life is meant to glorify Him.
I took my Tok Pisin audio files with me and almost finished Mark! Luke is coming up next. : )
Comments
Post a Comment