december drives
Here are some pictures from our road trip yesterday. Just a few, but it's an idea of what we saw and did. : )
Des Moines, New Mexico
This is such a cute little dot on the map along 64/87 in northwestern NM.
New Mexico & Mountains
I would not generally associate New Mexico with snow and mountains, but apparently I am mistaken. The drive across the northwest corner is gorgeous!
Here is a short clip with a bit of the soundtrack of That Thing You Do! somewhat audible over the sound of the road. Don't you just love road trips???
Trinidad, CO and area
Trinidad is such a great town!!! It has a beautiful backdrop of mountains as well as a lot of character. I would love to go exploring someday.
Just south of Trinidad, right across the border into Colorado from NM, there is an old stone church on the mountainside. I have tried for years to get a good picture. This is my best attempt so far. I love to think about the history of the place and what stories it must have.
We ate lunch while looking at these mountains. : )
Beautiful!
Des Moines, New Mexico
This is such a cute little dot on the map along 64/87 in northwestern NM.
![]() |
| This place wasn't open or else I would have gone in . . . so cute! |
| Sarah & Me with the mural. |
I would not generally associate New Mexico with snow and mountains, but apparently I am mistaken. The drive across the northwest corner is gorgeous!
Here is a short clip with a bit of the soundtrack of That Thing You Do! somewhat audible over the sound of the road. Don't you just love road trips???
Trinidad, CO and area
Trinidad is such a great town!!! It has a beautiful backdrop of mountains as well as a lot of character. I would love to go exploring someday.
Just south of Trinidad, right across the border into Colorado from NM, there is an old stone church on the mountainside. I have tried for years to get a good picture. This is my best attempt so far. I love to think about the history of the place and what stories it must have.
We ate lunch while looking at these mountains. : )
Beautiful!

Comments
Post a Comment