a thank you day
I sat down to write a post about feeling homesick . . . not necessarily for one particular place, but for the idea and structure of home (living a nomadic life gets old sometimes) . . . but I was struck with the need to focus on the positive instead.
today I am thankful for
* hugs from nieces and nephews
* overall safety in my travels so far (close to 9900 miles)
* God's love
* movies . . . I watched a couple of my favorites (The Inheritance and Sense & Sensibility) with my sister and nieces the past few days
* a loving and supportive family
* God's companionship
* friends who care enough to help me keep my attitude and focus where they need to be
* people who make it a point to encourage others
* God's faithfulness
* reasons to laugh
* the realization that just because my plans don't work out doesn't mean things won't happen and happen well
* phones, email, and technology that allow for connectedness despite distance
* God's grace
I am choosing to focus on the many things I have to be thankful for and hold on to God's comfort and strength.
NOTE: The road trip/photo update and 49th state posts are still pending . . . lots to do and not much uninterrupted internet time lately.
today I am thankful for
* hugs from nieces and nephews
* overall safety in my travels so far (close to 9900 miles)
* God's love
* movies . . . I watched a couple of my favorites (The Inheritance and Sense & Sensibility) with my sister and nieces the past few days
* a loving and supportive family
* God's companionship
* friends who care enough to help me keep my attitude and focus where they need to be
* people who make it a point to encourage others
* God's faithfulness
* reasons to laugh
* the realization that just because my plans don't work out doesn't mean things won't happen and happen well
* phones, email, and technology that allow for connectedness despite distance
* God's grace
I am choosing to focus on the many things I have to be thankful for and hold on to God's comfort and strength.
NOTE: The road trip/photo update and 49th state posts are still pending . . . lots to do and not much uninterrupted internet time lately.
I am thankful for Susie, and for the example of faith you are to me.
ReplyDelete