empty car
After eight weeks on the road (with a full car), I have arrived in Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is my new (temporary) home . . . until it's time to go to PNG.
For the first time in eight weeks, my car is empty. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but I've spent the past eight weeks living a vagabond life driving around the country with most of my belongings in the car, looking to much of the world like a strange homeless person who cuts her fingernails in gas station parking lots and digs extra shoes off the back seat and can't find anything because it's buried somewhere at the bottom of the trunk. (Wow, that was a long sentence!)
It's been an adventurous eight weeks. It's been a great eight weeks, but it's nice to be "home" . . . at least for a while. Okay, only three and a half days. I'm leaving Monday to head back to the Mid-West for almost a week and then I'm back in Laramie for two days before heading to Colorado for the weekend (Family Reunion time).
The good thing is that I'll be driving a car that is less empty! :)
Meanwhile, I took oodles of pictures over the past week. I'm sorting through them and should have the next road trip update post (with pictures) up soon, as well as . . . get ready for this . . . State 49! :) Yup, I went through North Dakota so all that is left is Alaska.
For the first time in eight weeks, my car is empty. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but I've spent the past eight weeks living a vagabond life driving around the country with most of my belongings in the car, looking to much of the world like a strange homeless person who cuts her fingernails in gas station parking lots and digs extra shoes off the back seat and can't find anything because it's buried somewhere at the bottom of the trunk. (Wow, that was a long sentence!)
It's been an adventurous eight weeks. It's been a great eight weeks, but it's nice to be "home" . . . at least for a while. Okay, only three and a half days. I'm leaving Monday to head back to the Mid-West for almost a week and then I'm back in Laramie for two days before heading to Colorado for the weekend (Family Reunion time).
The good thing is that I'll be driving a car that is less empty! :)
Meanwhile, I took oodles of pictures over the past week. I'm sorting through them and should have the next road trip update post (with pictures) up soon, as well as . . . get ready for this . . . State 49! :) Yup, I went through North Dakota so all that is left is Alaska.
Comments
Post a Comment