road trip update june 2

Road Trip Stats
*States visited this trip: 17, plus Washington DC
*Weeks elapsed: 5 weeks, 2 days
*Miles driven: 5300
*Churches visited: 9 (in 7 states)
*Most number of days in one place: 3
*Seminary/University campuses visited: 5

The past few weeks have been pretty exhausting, but oh so wonderful! In the past six months I have been able to visit with at least one person from every single place I've ever lived! Some of these visits are coming 12-16 years after the last time we've seen each other, some after just a few months.

Amazingly, I have only gotten turned around/lost four times . . . which considering the number of places I've been seems pretty good. I have intentionally taken some of the back road (scenic) routes and have enjoyed seeing a lot of beautiful scenery.

I wish it was possible to capture all the sights, but in many cases there wasn't an opportunity to take pictures or stop. My next road trip update will include pictures I have taken along the way. :)

Some Favorite Moments
*Hiking in Pisgah National Forest and seeing beautiful waterfalls as well as a black bear!
*Visiting my 2nd grade teacher
*Smiling and grinning with a three month old
*Playing Hand & Foot while listening to great '90s music (many hours were spent doing exactly that in the late '90s)
*Being invited to play frisbee (code for being friends) by a three year old
*Visiting a friend from WY in VA only to realize that her roommate knows a PNG classmate from their time at college in TX!
*Meeting and making friends with many kids and pets along the way :)
*Having the privilege of spending time with so many wonderful friends!
*Sharing my passion for the Bibleless with a lot of people

This time is more valuable than I could ever describe. It's taxing in many ways, but so very worth the cost.

Comments