what now?
I hardly know where to begin! There are so many words swirling around my head, but my mind and body just want sleep. : ) Soon, I keep telling them.
Today was my first full day in Ukarumpa! That means that POC is completely over and I am on to the next stage of life here. I'm still working on figuring out what all that entails. One day at a time. Sometimes it's one hour at a time.
The next few days will be spent settling in and beginning orientation . . . and hopefully beginning the process of figuring out what exactly comes next for me. I'm hoping to process stories and pictures from my village living time and should have those posted soon.
Until then, I haven't quite fallen off the face of the earth, just nearly.
moments of the day
* going to market and buying fruits and vegetables!
* receiving my work permit ID card, I feel so official!
* finding friends in the finance office line
* sharing meals with old and new friends
* walking the roads to get re-acquainted with where things are
* visiting neighbors
* coming home (!) to find a jar with freshly cut flowers on the porch from the lady who maintains the yard
* visiting with my parents co-workers who were so excited to see me back here
* finding my boxes I packed in April 2012, shipped in May 2012, and opened in May 2013 . . . it felt a bit like Christmas!
* OPENING UP MY OWN MAILBOX!!!!!
* figuring out the internet access
* doing way too much for my recuperating body . . . oh, to be well again
* unpacking for the very first time since April 2012, yes it has been an entire year and since I have been completely unpacked!
This whole scrub typhus illness thing is really doing a number on my energy level and ability to function. I keep on thinking that today will be the day that I feel better, you have to keep optimistic, you know? Anyway, the progress (and yes there is some!) is slow and I'm fighting the "why not today?" feelings. It's all in God's timing. Trying to rest in that.
Today was my first full day in Ukarumpa! That means that POC is completely over and I am on to the next stage of life here. I'm still working on figuring out what all that entails. One day at a time. Sometimes it's one hour at a time.
The next few days will be spent settling in and beginning orientation . . . and hopefully beginning the process of figuring out what exactly comes next for me. I'm hoping to process stories and pictures from my village living time and should have those posted soon.
Until then, I haven't quite fallen off the face of the earth, just nearly.
moments of the day
* going to market and buying fruits and vegetables!
* receiving my work permit ID card, I feel so official!
* finding friends in the finance office line
* sharing meals with old and new friends
* walking the roads to get re-acquainted with where things are
* visiting neighbors
* coming home (!) to find a jar with freshly cut flowers on the porch from the lady who maintains the yard
* visiting with my parents co-workers who were so excited to see me back here
* finding my boxes I packed in April 2012, shipped in May 2012, and opened in May 2013 . . . it felt a bit like Christmas!
* OPENING UP MY OWN MAILBOX!!!!!
* figuring out the internet access
* doing way too much for my recuperating body . . . oh, to be well again
* unpacking for the very first time since April 2012, yes it has been an entire year and since I have been completely unpacked!
This whole scrub typhus illness thing is really doing a number on my energy level and ability to function. I keep on thinking that today will be the day that I feel better, you have to keep optimistic, you know? Anyway, the progress (and yes there is some!) is slow and I'm fighting the "why not today?" feelings. It's all in God's timing. Trying to rest in that.
Hooray, so glad to hear from you! :-) I got your aerogramme the other day too! I'll email you more, since comments are supposed to be short. :-) I know you've got a lot going on right now, but I just wanted to tell you that it really makes me happy to think of you back in Ukarumpa. :-D
ReplyDelete~R
Congrats, Susie! It sounds like you are at a really exciting time! I'm thrilled for you and praying. Justin mentioned the other day that he prayed for you every time he saw your magnet on our fridge :)
ReplyDelete