speech-ing
One of the things we have been learning (and practicing) at Equip this week is how to effectively communicate what God has called us to do with Wycliffe. This will be extremely helpful when we begin (and continue) sharing with others and developing partnerships.
In the meantime, it means we have to speak in front of people every day. It may just be sharing with a partner, or with your table of five or six or it may be in front of 30+ people. Every day.
Talk about stretching . . . and exhausting.
Last night I wrote out the five minute talk I will be giving on Saturday morning. When I practiced it, the time was about 4:30. Off to a good start, I mistakenly thought. Today, I shortened my notes to bullet points so I would not be "reading" it to people . . . the practice time had increased to 5:45. : /
My condensing was actually lengthening. How discouraging. After practicing going through it about four or five times to see if repetition helped and consistently getting worse, I decided to write it all out again and shorten it some.
Next time through 4:05.
I have no idea what the time will actually be tomorrow morning . . . but I am looking forward to getting this assignment finished!
Until then . . . I am going to go dig out my vitamin C that I brought along with me to Orlando. All this talking is wearing me out in more ways than one!
Here are a couple of pictures I took this week. The weather has been spectacular!
In the meantime, it means we have to speak in front of people every day. It may just be sharing with a partner, or with your table of five or six or it may be in front of 30+ people. Every day.
Talk about stretching . . . and exhausting.
Last night I wrote out the five minute talk I will be giving on Saturday morning. When I practiced it, the time was about 4:30. Off to a good start, I mistakenly thought. Today, I shortened my notes to bullet points so I would not be "reading" it to people . . . the practice time had increased to 5:45. : /
My condensing was actually lengthening. How discouraging. After practicing going through it about four or five times to see if repetition helped and consistently getting worse, I decided to write it all out again and shorten it some.
Next time through 4:05.
I have no idea what the time will actually be tomorrow morning . . . but I am looking forward to getting this assignment finished!
Until then . . . I am going to go dig out my vitamin C that I brought along with me to Orlando. All this talking is wearing me out in more ways than one!
Here are a couple of pictures I took this week. The weather has been spectacular!

Comments
Post a Comment