dangerous hair

I guess every experience in life must have a first.

I spent the last two weeks enjoying some time in Wyoming; as home as home can get for me.  It was bliss! I love the mountains, I love the snow, I love the familiar sights and people.

However, I did not consider how difficult it would be to put everything BACK into my suitcase. We had a long and treacherous battle in the wee hours of the morning and eventually called a draw.  I don't think either of us won!

Once I got to the airport in Denver (beautiful drive!!!), I checked the bulging bag and set out for security.  DIA has those scan things where you go in stand with your feet apart and hands raised looking like an idiot (especially after they make you shed your shoes, belt and jacket).  And then when you get through they pull you aside and search any questionable spots.

The gal in front of me had sequins on her top . . . apparently, that's questionable.  I thought I was okay, nothing suspect, until the guy motions me out and sends me over to the TSA lady to get my ponytail searched . . .

I don't have hair stacked on my head like a beehive.  What could possibly be hiding in my ponytail?

That was definitely a first!

Comments