Birthday Reflections 2021


It's an interesting thing to have a birthday between Christmas and New Year's.  On one hand I never had school and often haven't had to work on my birthday.  On the other hand, it's easy to be hidden in the shadow of other events.  

Nonetheless, I like having a birthday at the end of the year and knowing that with each birthday comes a new year.  An entrance you could say.  

And as we approach the entrance to 2022, I've been remembering a paraphrase of something I told a friend many years ago: a new year is like an empty canvas waiting to be covered in beautiful colors, abstract lines, and surprises.  I don't know what this next year has, but I know there will be beauty to find, love to share, and moments to treasure.  

So here's to embracing each new day as a brushstroke that may not always look beautiful in and of itself, but is part of a beautiful journey.  

What a gift that is.  What a gift life is; even in all of the messy and gritty bits. 

Thank you for being a part of my life.  

📷: Mission San Francisco De La Espada, San Antonio 

Comments