This is a collection of photos from the past four weeks out in the islands, at one of the regional centers. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do and some basic ones are missing, such as me working with the language teams. However, these will give you a small glimpse of what I saw every day.
 |
| Fun flowers in the yard |
 |
| Printing and collating a vernacular Sunday school book. This is also where we worked on translation drafting and checking. |
 |
| A moment by the beach on a gloomy day. I didn't get to spend much time by the water, but I knew it was close because of the sound of the waves on the rocks ever present in the background and the smell of salt in the air. |
 |
| Selling vernacular audio NTs in a village church. These are a really wonderful way for people to have access to Scripture in a very oral culture. |
 |
| Reading a new copy of the NT in his language. |
 |
| Fun orchids in the church flower arrangements |
 |
| Flowers in the trees |
 |
| Another variety of tree orchid |
 |
| An unwelcome guest in my laundry! :/ |
 |
| Orchids in the yard |
 |
| Experiencing driving on the left side of the highway . . . in a stretch with NO potholes or pedestrians! |
 |
| A beautiful sunset |
 |
| A new gecko! In case you can't tell from the picture, his body was about the length of a thumbnail and skinnier than a pencil! |
 |
| Diesel! He does a great job watching out for the regional center . . . |
 |
| which consists of this building and a fence. There are three flats and an office in the bottom left quadrant. |
 |
| More fun flowers in the yard. |
 |
| A view right outside the fence, the yellow buildings are the closest shops where you can find bread, rice, and other basic staples. Not a huge variety, but a blessing nonetheless. |
 |
| Hibiscus |
 |
| More of the same in different colors. |
 |
| And more orchids bloomed. |
 |
| Star fruit or five point fruit tree in the yard. There were also several papaya trees and banana plants - those came in handy for feeding the translators! |
 |
| On my last flight returning to Ukarumpa, we stopped in a small village in the mountains. It was beautiful and as a fun factor, I saw a national translator who attended the workshop I helped with in October while we were there for a few minutes waiting for the plane was being unloaded. |
Have I mentioned how much I love that you love flowers as much as I do? :-) And what amazing ones you get to see! Thanks for sharing them with us!
ReplyDelete~Ruth
They do a wonderful job of bringing color and beauty to earth! Whenever I see them, I have to smile and thank God for His creativity!
Delete