11 for 11

Eleven random facts and updates for the eleventh of October.  I like this monthly miscellaneous missive. :)

1.  It feels like it should be later in the day than 9:30am.  Sigh.  I'm not a morning person!  Understatement of the year!  Today I have already:
* Been to market
Stir fry soon?

* Washed fruit
Yummy!
* Eaten two donuts from market
* Been thankful for leftover hot water from the solar panel yesterday to wash my hair
* Chatted with my sister
* Made tentative plans for a trip next year
* Found a new book I've been wanting to read
* Told someone the wrong phone number for a friend (twice!) . . . oops!

2.  I am puppy sitting this month!  Some friends had to go home to see a sick family member so I will be caring for their puppy, Okay.  Yes, his name is Okay. : )  He's a precious little guy who is actually not so little. 

3.  Rain is a wonderful thing!  We've had several days of fantastic rain and now my water tank is all full!!!  I had a bit of a grumble moment when I realized my tank was full because that meant that the rain we kept getting was overflowing instead of being captured, but I guess I can try not to be selfish and let the ground have some too. : )

4.  There are wonderfully strange things in our store!  A shipment just arrived with new food, some of which I haven't seen since leaving the States in January.  Pretty exciting stuff.

Hmmm . . . happy things.

5.  I found a short video from my Wilhelm trip.  It's not that exciting, but I thought I would share.



6.  Salsa is amazing!  Since I made it to market this morning I now have the ingredients to make salsa and guacamole.  Yum!!  That might be supper.


7.  I'm thankful today.  Lots to give thanks for including, but not limited to: visits from friends from home this month (so excited), clean dishes (that's a big accomplishment for me), rides to "town" to go shopping, couch pillows that were on sale last month, technology that works, internet connection, even though it can be quite slow at times, plans falling into place, and much more.

8.  I joined the prayer team here.  We're a group of people who are willing to be called upon to pray for people.  I'm looking forward to the opportunity to serve others through prayer.

9.  A year ago today: I was in Kentucky!  Visiting friends Wayne & Niki, watching Downton Abbey, playing with puppies, enjoying fall colors, and other fun things.

10.  Sometimes I get jealous of people who have coffee.  Although the coffee here is fantastic and home grown, when people back home talk about getting seasonal coffee drinks or spending an afternoon in a coffee shop, I have to remind myself not to envy them. 

11.  Em Tasol.  One of the great phrases in Tok Pisin that has many uses.  Basic translation: "that's all." 

Comments

  1. 1. "understatement of the year" made me laugh :-) Mostly because it fits me too.
    2 & 3. Hooray for rain and puppies and full water tanks! All good things. We've had enough rain here the last two days that we're getting flood watches in some places now... :-p
    4. The Nerds made me grin - I haven't had them in so long, but they are indeed happy things. :-)
    11. Em tasol, mi les, maski - so many good words/phrases in Pidgin that don't translate terribly well. :-)
    ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I love these random posts! And the little glimpses into your life. We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment