escape!

I'm watching a puppy/young dog for some friends this month.  This past week, the puppy discovered that he could escape. 

Back when he was much smaller!

There went my sanity.  Through the fence with the dog. 

Eight times in six days!  I've tried everything I can think of to keep him in his fence.  Tonight, he managed to chew through his leash and escape that way.  Sigh.  And then he has the audacity to run up to me when I call and lean against my feet asking for head scratches. 

As I returned him to his fenced yard, retied the leash the best I could, paced out the length so he could still reach his water and shelter, but not the fence, I contemplated escaping.  As I knelt and held the puppy in my arms and prayed that God would calm him and keep him within his fence and keep him safe, I contemplated prayer.  As I walked home and trusted that he would stay where he was supposed to, I contemplated faith. 

It's tempting to see something better and try to escape to go searching for earthly adventures rather than being content following God. 

It's a blessing to hear God calling you back and want to run into His arms.

It's an honor to have the privilege to come before the throne in prayer; assured that He forgives.

It's a relief to know that He is worthy of trust and know that our faith is not ill-placed. 

Comments