Grandparent Moments
I love spending time with my family.
This weekend both my parents and my grandparents were in town for the day. In order to celebrate, we went to one of our favorite places to eat, Sweet Tomatoes, where a kind soul took a picture of us all.
Over the past few months I have been blessed to spend quite a bit of time with my grandparents (my mom's parents). My parents are currently living just a few blocks from them in Wyoming. When I went to visit over Christmas, we would go visit about every day to do various activities like put together puzzles, play games (Phase 10 Dice, 7 Up 7 Down and Farkle are some of the favorites), or watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together.
This weekend while we were playing games at the hotel, Grandma made a funny comment and it reminded me that over Christmas I had written down some of my favorite quotes from both Grandpa and Grandma.
Grandma: What was his name?
Grandpa: Rooster
Grandma: Oh, I was going to say Cricket.
Grandpa: The first restaurant I ever worked at was called The Doghouse.
Dad: What color bowl do you want your ice cream in?
Grandma: Any color but red . . . it would clash with my orange cup.
Grandpa: Well, I'm not color blind, but I am color-I-don't-care!
Grandpa: How much time do you need to get ready?
Grandma: I'll need about 15 minutes to blow my nose.
Grandma: If you could rearrange the bows over that window . . . they got all scootchiwaggle!
I am so blessed to have wonderful grandparents and so thankful for opportunities to spend time with them. : )
This weekend both my parents and my grandparents were in town for the day. In order to celebrate, we went to one of our favorite places to eat, Sweet Tomatoes, where a kind soul took a picture of us all.
Over the past few months I have been blessed to spend quite a bit of time with my grandparents (my mom's parents). My parents are currently living just a few blocks from them in Wyoming. When I went to visit over Christmas, we would go visit about every day to do various activities like put together puzzles, play games (Phase 10 Dice, 7 Up 7 Down and Farkle are some of the favorites), or watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together.
This weekend while we were playing games at the hotel, Grandma made a funny comment and it reminded me that over Christmas I had written down some of my favorite quotes from both Grandpa and Grandma.
Grandma: What was his name?
Grandpa: Rooster
Grandma: Oh, I was going to say Cricket.
Grandpa: The first restaurant I ever worked at was called The Doghouse.
Dad: What color bowl do you want your ice cream in?
Grandma: Any color but red . . . it would clash with my orange cup.
Grandpa: Well, I'm not color blind, but I am color-I-don't-care!
Grandpa: How much time do you need to get ready?
Grandma: I'll need about 15 minutes to blow my nose.
Grandma: If you could rearrange the bows over that window . . . they got all scootchiwaggle!
I am so blessed to have wonderful grandparents and so thankful for opportunities to spend time with them. : )
Comments
Post a Comment