breaking pride
Pride is such a hard thing to overcome! I have realized (yet again) this past week how much I struggle with pride.
I don't like it.
I don't want to struggle with it.
I do, daily.
There are so many different forms of pride. I think that might be one of the reasons why it is such a huge battle, because it is not like you are fighting just one foe. It is more like a multiple-headed foe that disguises itself in many ways with many weapons.
Wanting to be good at something, or being disappointed in not doing as well at something as you thought you should have can be the roots of pride. Why do I want that? What is the real purpose of it? Is it just to make me feel better about myself? etc . . .
I'm struggling with this and I don't like it.
Not only do I need to break the pride within me, but also . . . pride breaks me. It breaks me from a fuller dependence upon God. It breaks me from valuing who and what I am. It breaks me.
I don't like it.
I don't want to struggle with it.
I do, daily.
There are so many different forms of pride. I think that might be one of the reasons why it is such a huge battle, because it is not like you are fighting just one foe. It is more like a multiple-headed foe that disguises itself in many ways with many weapons.
Wanting to be good at something, or being disappointed in not doing as well at something as you thought you should have can be the roots of pride. Why do I want that? What is the real purpose of it? Is it just to make me feel better about myself? etc . . .
I'm struggling with this and I don't like it.
Not only do I need to break the pride within me, but also . . . pride breaks me. It breaks me from a fuller dependence upon God. It breaks me from valuing who and what I am. It breaks me.
Comments
Post a Comment