2 green chairs; 3 red walls
Today, I rediscovered how much fun it can be to color and draw with crayons. :) Ok, so it was academic . . . but it was still fun. I am leading part of the language session tomorrow. On Friday we played "go fish" with uno cards; using the color and numbers. So I decided to create some "go fish" cards specific to the vocabulary we have been learning, in addition to some colors and numbers. The great thing about coloring your own is that you can include the number, color and object in one picture . . . i.e. two green chairs or three red walls. We are also going to learn a new color: brown; and some new vocab including basic shapes, flower and arm and leg.
I spent about 5 or so hours at Starbucks this afternoon studying for my Phonetics final. (yes, our last day of phonetics is Tuesday . . . I am happy, and yet rather worried because I feel like we could have learned so much more) I positioned myself in the corner, where I was hoping to study without being in anyone's space and without having people in mine . . . that was not entirely a sucess.
However, it was very interesting to watch the people I saw during those five hours. One guy walked in (the day was overcast and wet) wearing a neon green shirt with matching neon green hair. I had my camera with me, but was unable to get it out inconspicuously before he left. Too bad, it was quite amusing. Another guy walked in carrying a scanner/printer under his arm. No joke. I learned more information than I wanted to know about a lady who is having relationship problems with about a half dozen people . . . not sure how all the people in her story were connected, but it didn't seem like a happy situation.
I overheard three men who work with a college age sunday school program discussing the motivation of their students and participation levels . . . I actually had a hard time not piping in and joining their conversation, because they really could have used some additional perspective. And I was crowded even further into the corner by two middle-aged men with their elderly mother, as one of them droned on and on about a car he was trying to sell before he finally went outside; to my utter relief.
Yup, studying is quite an experience! :)
I spent about 5 or so hours at Starbucks this afternoon studying for my Phonetics final. (yes, our last day of phonetics is Tuesday . . . I am happy, and yet rather worried because I feel like we could have learned so much more) I positioned myself in the corner, where I was hoping to study without being in anyone's space and without having people in mine . . . that was not entirely a sucess.
However, it was very interesting to watch the people I saw during those five hours. One guy walked in (the day was overcast and wet) wearing a neon green shirt with matching neon green hair. I had my camera with me, but was unable to get it out inconspicuously before he left. Too bad, it was quite amusing. Another guy walked in carrying a scanner/printer under his arm. No joke. I learned more information than I wanted to know about a lady who is having relationship problems with about a half dozen people . . . not sure how all the people in her story were connected, but it didn't seem like a happy situation.
I overheard three men who work with a college age sunday school program discussing the motivation of their students and participation levels . . . I actually had a hard time not piping in and joining their conversation, because they really could have used some additional perspective. And I was crowded even further into the corner by two middle-aged men with their elderly mother, as one of them droned on and on about a car he was trying to sell before he finally went outside; to my utter relief.
Yup, studying is quite an experience! :)
Comments
Post a Comment