Session 2: Day 1

Day 1 of Session 2 is complete! New classes have started and I have already visited my good friends (the library bookshelves). This session I have the second half of Phonetics (still at 8am!), Phonology (1st half) and SLACA (1st half). And yes, I will explain slaca! :) It stands for Second Language and Culture Acquisition. Somehow . . . in the next 8 weeks . . . they are going to teach us how to better learn languages and culture. In the process, we get put in language groups (I think the options are Arabic, Urdu, Swahili and Belrusian) although, from looking at the schedule I cannot make out how much of the language we will actually be learning.

Phonology sounds like it will be fun! :) It deals with "the study of the organization of sounds in language;" which . . . as long as their not asking me to say the sounds . . . is wonderful!

Comments