your prayer is heard

This morning as I was walking and praying, I saw the light across this patch of green and felt so reassured that our prayers are heard. I hope you feel the same encouragement today. We freely approach the throne of grace not because of our merit, but because of His.


For all of my friends embarking on a new school year with your kids and feeling over your head already: I pray for courage and new hope as you face each day.

For all of my friends struggling to know how best to be a teacher in these unpredictable circumstances: I pray for God's creative and sustaining love to fill you and pass through you.

For all of my friends who are struggling financially: I pray you will feel God's provision and learn anew how much we can rely on Him who created us.

For all of my friends who are struggling emotionally: I pray for comfort and love to be poured out on you and to fill your soul to overflowing. I pray that your stability will rest on the Rock that never wavers.

For all of my friends who are carrying burdens of others and feeling overwhelmed: I pray you will be able to set all of those burdens at the feet of Jesus and learn to carry His burden and allow Him to use you to serve others without carrying everything yourself.

For all of my friends whose travel plans have been turned upside down again and again: I pray that your heart will be at rest as you look for new opportunities to get to where you need and want to be.

For all of my friends who find themselves in a place they never expected: I pray that you will continue to see God at work in and through and around you and not lose hope.

For all of my friends who don't find themselves in any of the above statements and yet still are struggling: I pray you feel heard and known and loved. I pray you reach out and ask for help. I pray for hope and joy and rejuvenation for you.

Comments