seasons of waiting
Wait.
There are times when we are asked to wait. It's not always clear why. Sometimes, we can find an answer looking back at these times, sometimes we can't.
2 Corinthians 5:9
So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in our body or away from it.
Have you ever had a "hurry up and wait" kind of day? Week? Month? Year? What's your response to the waiting time? Do you find yourself antsy and frustrated? I know I do. It's a constant struggle for me to be in the moment and not live my life hurrying through things just to get to the end whether I am waiting for a flight to take off or a service to start or for an answer.
As I find myself in a waiting season of life in both my job and my health, I have to keep reminding myself to appreciate this stage. To not wish it away.
2 Thessalonians 2:12
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Am I seeking to glorify God in my life right now?
Am I living in the here and now?
Am I praising God in the waiting season?
Am I appreciating the beauty of this season?
Am I rejoicing in the trials that come?
These are the questions that I ask myself today. The wait is here for a reason, but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad season. The wait can be a wonderful thing. I'm learning to be at peace in the waiting. I'm learning to appreciate the waiting for there is beauty in the journey and not only in the destination.
There are times when we are asked to wait. It's not always clear why. Sometimes, we can find an answer looking back at these times, sometimes we can't.
2 Corinthians 5:9
So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in our body or away from it.
Have you ever had a "hurry up and wait" kind of day? Week? Month? Year? What's your response to the waiting time? Do you find yourself antsy and frustrated? I know I do. It's a constant struggle for me to be in the moment and not live my life hurrying through things just to get to the end whether I am waiting for a flight to take off or a service to start or for an answer.
As I find myself in a waiting season of life in both my job and my health, I have to keep reminding myself to appreciate this stage. To not wish it away.
2 Thessalonians 2:12
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Am I seeking to glorify God in my life right now?
Am I living in the here and now?
Am I praising God in the waiting season?
Am I appreciating the beauty of this season?
Am I rejoicing in the trials that come?
These are the questions that I ask myself today. The wait is here for a reason, but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad season. The wait can be a wonderful thing. I'm learning to be at peace in the waiting. I'm learning to appreciate the waiting for there is beauty in the journey and not only in the destination.
Beautiful post and great questions to ask ourselves. Thanks friend :)
ReplyDelete