twenty questions
How do you make clothes out of camel’s hair?
What does a tax collector’s booth look like?
What is a marriage feast and why can you not fast during that time?
What is fasting?
Why do you fast?
What does it mean to blaspheme?
What is a synagogue?
What is the difference between teachers of the law and Pharisees?
What is the difference between a lake and a sea and does it matter?
How do you find locusts and honey in a wilderness?
What is the difference between ‘wait’ – to look forward to and ‘wait’ – to serve?
What is the difference between compassion and love?
That’s just a taste of some of the questions we tackled this week while we were translating and checking the first two chapters of Mark. It’s been an intense week. And an incredible week. I began the week slightly terrified of doing what I’ve been training for and working toward for more than four years. However, in His abundant grace, God provided and showed Himself faithful yet again this week.
What a privilege to work with national translators just beginning the process of translating the New Testament. Do I feel overwhelmed? Absolutely! However, I am confident that through much prayer and listening, this is possible.
And now I am going to collapse and try to recover to start another day of who knows what busyness that will come my way.
Comments
Post a Comment