a vow to praise
This spring I read through Psalms. I was struck by the beauty of the poetry, but even more so I was struck by the beauty of the message within the words. The verses started echoing off the pages, resounding one after another.
We are called to a life of praise.
Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
One of the Hebrew words for praise, "yada" is often translated as: to confess, give thanks, praise. This term occurs dozens of times throughout the book and frequently it represents a confession of the attributes of God.
Psalm 106:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Our lives ought to be characterized by our praise. For in our praise we glorify God. Not only do we honor God through a life characterized by praise, we shift our focus. When good happens, we praise. When bad happens we praise. Our focus is on glorifying God, no matter what happens. Praise God for who He is and what He does.
Psalm 9:1-2
I will praise you, O LORD; with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
We speak His praise when we share what God has done in our lives. When we proclaim His works to those around us we are encouraging believers and sharing our faith. I believe that if we live a life of praise, others can't help but notice. We are confessing our love and our relationship with our Creator.
Psalm 66:16
Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.
Psalm 35:28
My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
Psalm 147:1
Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praise to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
What does it mean to be intentional in our praise? I think it means making praise a vital part of our life. Making it deliberate. Centering our thoughts on God so that our first reaction will be to praise. Mimicking the examples set before us and vowing to praise. Praise is a choice.
Psalm 146:1-2
Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 135:1,3
Praise the LORD. Praise the name of the LORD; praise him you servants of the LORD, Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
The past few months I have been challenged to take my praise a step further. I've been challenged to speak my praise to others. To be intentional in proclaiming His good works. To be so full of praise that I am overflowing. Sometimes that starts small.
A Vow to Praise.
We are called to a life of praise.
Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
One of the Hebrew words for praise, "yada" is often translated as: to confess, give thanks, praise. This term occurs dozens of times throughout the book and frequently it represents a confession of the attributes of God.
Psalm 106:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Our lives ought to be characterized by our praise. For in our praise we glorify God. Not only do we honor God through a life characterized by praise, we shift our focus. When good happens, we praise. When bad happens we praise. Our focus is on glorifying God, no matter what happens. Praise God for who He is and what He does.
Psalm 9:1-2
I will praise you, O LORD; with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
We speak His praise when we share what God has done in our lives. When we proclaim His works to those around us we are encouraging believers and sharing our faith. I believe that if we live a life of praise, others can't help but notice. We are confessing our love and our relationship with our Creator.
Psalm 66:16
Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.
Psalm 35:28
My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long.
Psalm 147:1
Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praise to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
What does it mean to be intentional in our praise? I think it means making praise a vital part of our life. Making it deliberate. Centering our thoughts on God so that our first reaction will be to praise. Mimicking the examples set before us and vowing to praise. Praise is a choice.
Psalm 146:1-2
Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 135:1,3
Praise the LORD. Praise the name of the LORD; praise him you servants of the LORD, Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
The past few months I have been challenged to take my praise a step further. I've been challenged to speak my praise to others. To be intentional in proclaiming His good works. To be so full of praise that I am overflowing. Sometimes that starts small.
A Vow to Praise.
Comments
Post a Comment