who am I?
Who am I?
Where does my value come from?
Will I derive my value and importance from the world or from God?
It is so easy to rely on the opinions of others. To think of yourself as others do. To believe what is said about you, positive or negative. Who I am is dependent wholly upon God. When I don't find my identity in Christ, I cheat myself and I cheat those around me.
Who am I?
I am His creation.
I am His daughter.
I am beautiful in His eyes.
I am who I am because of Him.
Psalm 147:11
The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
If I let my value come solely from others, I will never be satisfied, I will never be content, I will never be confident of who I am.
Where does my value come from?
My value comes from God.
I am treasured.
I am loved.
I am blessed.
I am beautifully designed for God's purpose.
Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Will I derive my value and importance from the world or from God?
I am created to praise God.
I am redeemed to glorify God.
I am important in God's eyes.
I am designed to serve God.
I needed this reminder this week as I was drawn into so many contradictory emotions. Thrilled to see God work, but discouraged by my own inadequacy. Blessed by the faithfulness of others, but struggling to be gracious. Reminded that I am human, prideful, easy to anger, resentful, jealous, irritable.
Throughout life, I need to be reminded who I am and the reason for which I was created. I need to be reminded to be joyful and to praise God. I need to be reminded not to doubt myself because of comments that people make. I need to remember that above all, I am loved by God.
Where does my value come from?
Will I derive my value and importance from the world or from God?
It is so easy to rely on the opinions of others. To think of yourself as others do. To believe what is said about you, positive or negative. Who I am is dependent wholly upon God. When I don't find my identity in Christ, I cheat myself and I cheat those around me.
Who am I?
I am His creation.
I am His daughter.
I am beautiful in His eyes.
I am who I am because of Him.
Psalm 147:11
The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
If I let my value come solely from others, I will never be satisfied, I will never be content, I will never be confident of who I am.
Where does my value come from?
My value comes from God.
I am treasured.
I am loved.
I am blessed.
I am beautifully designed for God's purpose.
Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Will I derive my value and importance from the world or from God?
I am created to praise God.
I am redeemed to glorify God.
I am important in God's eyes.
I am designed to serve God.
I needed this reminder this week as I was drawn into so many contradictory emotions. Thrilled to see God work, but discouraged by my own inadequacy. Blessed by the faithfulness of others, but struggling to be gracious. Reminded that I am human, prideful, easy to anger, resentful, jealous, irritable.
Throughout life, I need to be reminded who I am and the reason for which I was created. I need to be reminded to be joyful and to praise God. I need to be reminded not to doubt myself because of comments that people make. I need to remember that above all, I am loved by God.
I really like the new header. It's pretty, pretty. Congrats on getting all your fundraising covered! I'm so happy for you! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :) I hope you had a spectacular Thanksgiving too!
Delete