homebody on the move

You could easily call me a homebody . . . someone who likes to stay at home.

This week marks six months since I moved out of my apartment in Dallas. Other than six-ish weeks I spent in Wyoming this past summer, the longest I've been at one place was 10 days. I've driven almost 18,000 miles and been to more than 25 states. I have not unpacked since April.

That is the opposite of staying at home!

One of the beautiful things about this time is how I've had to be dependent upon God for the strength to get through each day . . . and not just endure, but enjoy the time. God has been faithful to provide the alone time I need and the fortitude to spend large amounts of time with people and out of my comfort zone.

This experience has shown me a lot about how God carries me through life when I can't make it on my own. How encouraging for the unknown future! I'm not facing any of it alone!

2 Samuel 22:2b-3a
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior."

Comments

  1. I'm so grateful for the chance to have dinner and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I nominated you for a blog award, I love being able to catch up with you here. Keep up the good work! :) lizzieroe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment