Road Trip Update May 9

I'm almost two weeks into my two months on the road.  Wow, what a whirlwind!

Miles Traveled
about 2000

States Included
Indiana
Illinois
Minnesota
Missouri
Oklahoma
Texas
Wisconsin


Some Highlights
* Spending time with my eight nieces and nephews.
* Seeing friends, some of whom I haven't seen in more than 15 years
* Sharing what I am doing with family and friends
* Meeting new people
* Experiencing a taste of life from different point of views
* Spending time with several great pets
* Prayer time with friends
* Playing games
* Encouraging conversations
* Safety on the roads so far
* Wildflowers along the road
* Only getting lost ONCE! : ) 



It's an interesting experience because in one respect I am living out of my car, rather than just a suitcase.  That's nice because I can bring more along than just a suitcase, but that doesn't always mean I can find what I need, when I need it. : )  The other day I was looking everywhere for a CD that had some files I needed, but I couldn't remember where I put it.  I looked in the trunk of the car, in the backseat, the front seat, etc and then I finally found it (hours later) tucked away in the side of the bag I had taken in for the night.

One brilliant thing I did when packing was to absentmindedly forget that I needed to consider what to wear while traveling.  Packing was kind of a chaotic event anyway as I was trying to go through and sort everything I own, but I had suitcases for PNG, some boxes to ship, a few totes to store, some bags to give away and anything that was leftover went into the travel bag.  Genius!  I ended up with several pairs of pants, some running clothes and socks as the primary things in my travel bag.  Of course, I didn't realize this until I was already on the road.  Even more genius!  Needless to say, I made a couple stops at some thrift stores and now have a couple of presentable options.

Comments