restless 'til I rest in you
We were given a CD of praise music for the ladies' retreat I am going to this weekend and on it is a song called "Restless" written by Audrey Assad and Matt Maher. Part of the chorus is: "I'm restless, 'Til I rest in You." I have been listening to it the past couple days as my life is in turmoil and it is helping me to focus on rest and what it is, what it's purpose is and how it impacts my life.
What is Rest?
Peace, quiet, content, acceptance. Words that are often hard to hold on to and put into reality. Rejuvenation, renewal, restoration. It's a promise. Ours for the taking. Replacing worry and anxiety with inexplicable peace. Leaving behind the negative. Refocusing on the truth. Putting aside worldly lies. Trusting God's promises. A preparation for what is to come, relief for what has come, and strength for what is.
Rest.
I like that it is a noun—we can have rest . . . but also a verb—rest in the promises of God. Something we can do and something we can have. Most of all, I love the peacefulness of rest.
Below is the song I mentioned . . . I love the line "You are the keeper of my heart"! What a wonderful picture! : )
Restless
You dwell in the songs that we are singing
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart
Our praises filling up the spaces
In between and frailty and everything You are
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I wanna rest in You
Oh, speak now for my soul is listening
Say that You have saved me, whisper in the dark
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation
Without You I am hopeless, tell me who You are
You are the keeper of my heart
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I wanna rest in You
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You
I'm restless, so restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I will rest in You
What is Rest?
Peace, quiet, content, acceptance. Words that are often hard to hold on to and put into reality. Rejuvenation, renewal, restoration. It's a promise. Ours for the taking. Replacing worry and anxiety with inexplicable peace. Leaving behind the negative. Refocusing on the truth. Putting aside worldly lies. Trusting God's promises. A preparation for what is to come, relief for what has come, and strength for what is.
Rest.
I like that it is a noun—we can have rest . . . but also a verb—rest in the promises of God. Something we can do and something we can have. Most of all, I love the peacefulness of rest.
Below is the song I mentioned . . . I love the line "You are the keeper of my heart"! What a wonderful picture! : )
Restless
You dwell in the songs that we are singing
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart
Our praises filling up the spaces
In between and frailty and everything You are
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I wanna rest in You
Oh, speak now for my soul is listening
Say that You have saved me, whisper in the dark
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation
Without You I am hopeless, tell me who You are
You are the keeper of my heart
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I wanna rest in You
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You
I'm restless, so restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I will rest in You
Comments
Post a Comment