Will you cry with me?
For years I struggled to find what I was passionate about. Sure, I love running, books, sports, etc, but I'm talking about real passion. The sort of thing that stirs your heart. Recently, I have discovered a deep passion I had never fully considered before. Life.
When I was 12 years old I attended a debate at my sister's high school. To this day I can still see the images, hear the words. The topic was abortion. It was probably one of my first encounters with the topic and my heart broke. Hearing about and seeing pictures of partial birth abortion made the tears run down my face. Even today, more than 13 years later . . . thinking about it makes me cry. Today, partial birth abortion is banned. However, in 2005 1.21 million abortions were performed (Guttmacher Institute).
I cry for the unborn. I cry for the girls and women who think there is no other option. I cry.
This week, through my job, I came across a website www.bound4life.com and I cried again. Yes, my heart is crying. But I am also praying.
Will you cry with me?
Will you pray with me?
When I was 12 years old I attended a debate at my sister's high school. To this day I can still see the images, hear the words. The topic was abortion. It was probably one of my first encounters with the topic and my heart broke. Hearing about and seeing pictures of partial birth abortion made the tears run down my face. Even today, more than 13 years later . . . thinking about it makes me cry. Today, partial birth abortion is banned. However, in 2005 1.21 million abortions were performed (Guttmacher Institute).
I cry for the unborn. I cry for the girls and women who think there is no other option. I cry.
This week, through my job, I came across a website www.bound4life.com and I cried again. Yes, my heart is crying. But I am also praying.
Will you cry with me?
Will you pray with me?
Hey Susie -
ReplyDeleteI read a book called 'A Haunt of Jackals' about abortion (I believe one of them was partial-birth) when I was 14 and it rocked my world. Unfortunately, I have not thought about this issue for a long time. Thank you for the reminder and for the bound4life website. I have so much else going on, but I will pray when I can.
~R