Everlasting God

This morning I ran the Bunny Boogie 5K race. It is a small community event and a ton of fun. I ran it last year too with a friend of mine. As I was running this morning, and struggling to keep my legs moving because I haven't had the time or motivation to continue running regularly this spring, I started singing the verse "But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

For years, when I run I have repeated this verse over and over. It has carried me on when I felt like falling over; just as God carries me on in life when I have trouble taking the next step. This song below remnds me of this verse I love.

Saturday, April 3, 2010
Everlasting God
Written by: Brenton Brown and Kenneth Riley

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Comments

  1. I'm glad you ran it ... how'd ya finish?

    Btw, "Bunny Boogie" has to be one of the funnest names for a race I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished 1st in my age division! It was so much fun and I am glad I did it! :)

    Oh, and I found another fun boogie next month . . . the Buffalo Boogie (it's in Fort Worth and I think I am going to run it), it's also a 5K.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment